Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Initials Can Determine the Length of Christina Hendricks' Pregnancy (if She Ever Is).

Pretty soon after creating this blog, I did a Google search to see if it would appear. I first used my full name, and this came up:
She knows what you did, and does not approve (well, maybe a little).
 
This is Christina Hendricks, actress on "Mad Men" and all around beauty. If I were to undergo a sex change, I would not mind looking like this.
I happened to glance a little farther down the search list, and spokeo.com had some statistics on "Christian Hendricks." There are at least 26 people blessed with this moniker; I, apparently, am not one of them, for it did not show me on their map. Of these people, 16 are male and 1 is female, which leaves a curious 9 people as either hermaphrodites, transgenders, or something else. . . a curiously large proportion for a single name. Here is the link:

(There are apparently Christian Hendricks movies.)
 
But nowhere was my blog (because what's the point of looking past the first page of a search?). Then I thought that, since I sign with my initials (C.R.H.), I would Google those letters. I found this:


Corticotropin-releasing hormone (formerly known as corticotropin-releasing factor) "is produced by parvocellular neuroendocrine cells (which are contained within the paraventricular nucleus) of the hypothalamus and is released at the median eminence from neurosecretory terminals of these neurons into the primary capillary plexus of the hypothalamo-hypophyseal portal system." In other words, stuff happens, your brain responds, and secretes this 41-amino acid peptide thing. I'll leave you to read the rest of it.

How about we end with a thing of beauty:


Bad me, bad me! (slaps hand with other hand). I mean, this link:


A stunning video of the firmaments of the Milky Way as seen from the Spanish mountain El Teide, by Terje Sorgjerd.

(Blogger's note: I in no way condone the objectification of women. Though I am not a feminist, I do recognize that they are people too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment